Our law firm was founded by Francisco J. Peña Alcántara in 1946. The first office was established on a street called Palma Norte in historic downtown Mexico City. Subsequent years saw the rapid growth of the city. The expansion of the firm periodically created the need for larger, more modern space, and the firm left its original location.
In 1993, President Bill Clinton of the United States, President Carlos Salinas of Mexico, and Prime Minister Brian Mulroney of Canada signed the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which took effect the next year. NAFTA was a major milestone for both the firm and the economies of the countries involved. By facilitating trade and investment between the U.S. and Mexico, that treaty brought a wave of new clients on both sides of the border seeking to take advantage of the neighboring economy. Eventually, the firm would fully avail itself of the new economic relationship between the two countries by opening a branch in the United States.
As one of the few Mexican law firms with a presence in the United States, we continue our tradition of providing international legal services to individuals and companies from diverse regions such as Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Switzerland, the United States, and Mexico.
Aarón Peña Gama Peña (1947 – 2010) functioned as the legal representative and counselor of the holding company Grupo Uribe for more than 25 years. Grupo Uribe includes the following businesses: Automotriz Naucalpan, S.A. de C.V.; Automotriz Uribe, S.A. de C.V.; Automotriz Cuautitlán, S.A. de C.V.; Automotriz Zumpango, S.A. de C.V.; Automotriz Lomas Verdes, S.A. de C.V.; Negociadora Metropolitana, S.A. de C.V.; Instalaciones de Gas Uribe, S.A. de C.V.; and Banco del Bajío, S.A.